Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help detecting default font
Gimp default hebrew font is that. It is similar to Arial, but narrower or thinner:

[Image: Dovref0.png] (pic of wanted font)

יש לך מים (Arial)

and with zoom. The 'ש' ל' and 'מ' are different than other similar fonts, like Nachlieli CLM. 
[Image: sDIh70u.png]

But I have no idea how it is called. Gimp called it sans, but sans is more like the font's type, so this font is pretty annonymus... Who can help? Do you know someone who can tell me it's name? I need this font (Gimp won't let me use it anymore after installing mscore fonts)

Maybe it is Arial but with a ifferent rendering? Can I change gimp rendering?
Likely not Arial if you are on Ubuntu. Maybe your best bet is to ask on an Ubuntu forum (ubuntuforums.com, askubuntu.stackexchange.com...). It is possible that there are several default fonts depending on alphabet.

You can also try the various font identification sites (whatthefont.com et al.), but you should have a sample with a bigger font size (not blown up images of the size 10).

Also, what happens if you uninstall the fonts?
I can not duplicate your installation, This is Kubuntu 16.04 and an English setup and a couple of downloaded Hebrew fonts these are in my ~/.fonts folder so not just for Gimp.

Indentify fonts,

First possibility, open the xcf in a binary editor.

[Image: 4vUDzhP.jpg]

Second possibility, export the image as a pdf. Open in a PDF viewer and look at the properties. This using the 'evince' viewer.

[Image: UZ7pEWz.jpg]
Thanks, I'm now sure my font is Arial. I made a new post asking how to make sans font use Arial instead of Tahoma.

This thread cam be closed.