Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp Keeps Crashing. I'm at my wits end
Sad 
Ok. i have been using gimp for years but I'm about to give up.  Ever since I switched to using 8.5 in by 8.5 in (or 8.5 by 11 in) canvas size it keeps on randomly crashing.  I'm not running out of memory at all unless it's doing some weird thing I can't view with memory management.  It says i'm using a steady 20% even when it crashes.  Once it crashes it just keeps on crashing faster and faster every time I restart it until I reboot the computer.  The problem is I actually need to print these images at some point so I can't just make them smaller and I don't want to take the resolution hit by resizing them right before I print them.
Python 
(04-01-2022, 03:10 AM)AlexDDunbar Wrote: Ok. i have been using gimp for years but I'm about to give up.  Ever since I switched to using 8.5 in by 8.5 in (or 8.5 by 11 in) canvas size it keeps on randomly crashing.  I'm not running out of memory at all unless it's doing some weird thing I can't view with memory management.  It says i'm using a steady 20% even when it crashes.  Once it crashes it just keeps on crashing faster and faster every time I restart it until I reboot the computer.  The problem is I actually need to print these images at some point so I can't just make them smaller and I don't want to take the resolution hit by resizing them right before I print them.

Check in the Process manager that there are no lingering Gimp processes (and Python processes if you use Pythin scripts)

What is the image definition? How many layers?