Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed about map making.
I picked up 1 mistake:

fill with 50% grey
means the rgb values must each be 50% of max.
(on a scale of 0 to 255, rgb values must be 127,127,127)
That is the shade of grey.
Opacity must be left a 100%.
(06-26-2017, 05:57 PM)Blighty Wrote: I picked up 1 mistake:

fill with 50% grey
means the rgb values must each be 50% of max.
(on a scale of 0 to 255, rgb values must be 127,127,127)
That is the shade of grey.
Opacity must be left a 100%.

Thank you! However I tried that and in the preview window it is now the solid gray color instead of being transparent. Still no bumps appear on my map. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.
(06-27-2017, 11:44 AM)Talonkaine Wrote: Thank you! However I tried that and in the preview window it is now the solid gray color instead of being transparent. Still no bumps appear on my map. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

For the solid gray layer, did you set the layer Mode to Overlay?

In the layers dialogue, select this gray layer. Near the top of the dialogue you can set the Mode.
ninja'd by Blighty

I am try to track you with that tutorial, but it is a hard slog Wink

Did you successfully bumpmap the gray layer?
Does it look bumpmapped and is the layer mode normal.

[Image: Bx7C6q4.jpg]

Providing it is bumpmapped, put the layer mode into overlay which here gives this. I think instruction is missing from the tutorial.

[Image: 7zeZmdH.jpg]

Comments,
Because the image is larger than the tutorial, the pattern generated for the grassbumpmap layer is a little on the large side, there are ways to fix, but I say, go-by-eye, if it looks right, it is right.
Thanks guys...  managed to get past the bump part now. I was applying the overlay before the bump, however when I set it to normal first.. then applied the overlay after the bump was applied it worked. Thanks for you help!!!  On to the next part!

Here's what it looks like so far...

[Image: 1.png?access_token=1!G2fjd8dcz2O2Ix96z_y...on=0.129.2]
Nice coastline.
Just a reminder, your Gimp .xcf file is getting large now with all those layers, backup and then backup again in case anything happens and you lose your work.