Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed - retracing work
HI all,

I recently played around with some abstract photography. I was in a state of mind that made it difficult to retrace my steps / filters / effects I applied  Confused Confused  Angel

I know its a long shot but I thought maybe somebody here has an idea what kind of filters / settings have this effect. Take it as a challenge  Big Grin

Original:                https://imgshare.io/image/img-20200617-0...rum.p1HL6t

Outcome:              https://imgshare.io/image/055010-forum.p1HQEj

I am pretty sure I inverted the colors before applying filters, but like I said I was pretty out of it. I am not even sure if it was a filter specifically or other settings which does not make things easier Dodgy . All I know for sure that it is definately that photo as I never renamed it, and I used only part of the original (cropped).  

If you do find out you have my eternal gratitude and utmost respect  Cool
Possibly Circular Motion Blur on the original picture, then added a layer with Supernova, and set to some specific Blend mode.
I don't think I've ever been to this site before, even so when I click on the link in the first post I get the following message:

[Image: QuLDWAf.png]
"Você foi proibido de usar este site." ---➤> "You have been banned from using this site." Huh
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
@Ofnuts: Thanks! Ill check that out when I get back from work. I was playing around wth circular motion blur but something was missing. I think the supernova effect is the piece I was missing. 

@Krikor: Ugh I dont know what happened there Huh  I have no problems accessing the site from european servers, maybe it has something to do with location. I can send the files as pm if Ofnuts has not already solved my problem.
(10-24-2021, 07:41 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Possibly Circular Motion Blur on the original picture, then added a layer with Supernova, and set to some specific Blend mode.

Turns out you were right about the supernova effect, however the motion blur was not part of it. Original pic - desaturate - duplicated layer with emboss with low opacity - merged - supernova - edge detect. some more highlighting and darkening to underline the supernova...not entirely the same outcome but i got close enough. Thanks again for the help my man! 

Consider this issue solved. 

peace