Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with 3D images
Hello guys I am new to this forum and to GIMP. 

I have been trying to find a way to create my own images for a frontend of the games I own for android emulation. I am having trouble in figuring it out and was wondering if anyone can help, or point me in the right direction? 

I have a starting template (which is the wrong colour as it needs to be blue) and can access all of the cover art I need.

I have attached an image of what I am hoping to achieve for all of my games, any help would be apprecitated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I made this with the Perspective tool from Gimp toolbox.

It's how you can use other images in the template and make them look 3d.
You don't tell really what you want to achieve.
You have a template of a box for CDs/DVDs, and you want your image to fit that box?
If so use the Scale tool or the Unified Transform tool in "Corrective (Backward) mode to fit the 4 corners of the image to the 4 corners of the template box
(05-08-2023, 03:02 AM)PixLab Wrote: You don't tell really what you want to achieve.
You have a template of a box for CDs/DVDs, and you want your image to fit that box?
If so use the Scale tool or the Unified Transform tool in "Corrective (Backward) mode to fit the 4 corners of the image to the 4 corners of the template box

Scale tool? More like Perspective, no?
If you ever fancy making your own box from scratch then there is Filters -> Map -> Map object see:  https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/plug-in-map-object.html

For a box it might go like this 60 second demo: https://i.imgur.com/Vw16893.mp4 

...and for a Gimp image with layers of cover & edges gives this:

(05-08-2023, 07:38 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(05-08-2023, 03:02 AM)PixLab Wrote: You don't tell really what you want to achieve.

Scale tool? More like Perspective, no?

Yes, sorry, Indeed, it's the perspective tool, my fingers got some dissension with my brain Big Grin