Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with a "simple" step in a video tutorial?
I'm really frustrated.  I've tried this with Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0 (all I had access to), and now GIMP.

I can't figure out how to select an entire image WITHOUT the white space in GIMP.

The video tutorial (how to make paper miniatures for gaming) is located below. I'm getting stuck at or around 3:30.  The portion of the video dealing with Photoshop is relatively short, so anyone willing to give pointers on how to do anything else in the video would be my hero!

Thank,

Lee
(09-04-2017, 10:39 PM)Fasafan Wrote: I can't figure out how to select an entire image WITHOUT the white space in GIMP.

Use the Fuzzy Select Tool to select the white background. This will select the white background only, and not white space within the figure.

Select > Invert
The white background is not selected, the figure is.
rule number 1. Nothing is ever simple
rule number 2. See rule number 1

I did have a quick look at the video. Lots of the images are already png with transparency but guessing you got a jpeg which has a white background and no transparency. First thing to do is add transparency: Layer -> Transparency -> Add Alpha Channel.

Here a few tips in a video https://youtu.be/o-3qBtX2hgo a long one for me 7 minutes Wink have a look, come back with more problems.