Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with a tattoo please.
[Image: g9YE4DK.png]
I would like to turn this image into an IRAY decal node to place as a tattoo on the back of one of my models, so what I need to do is have like a little bit of black gradient come out from the skull but also end preety close to the skull, like a 100 pixel gradient from the skull out that would turn from black to white to simulate something like a black canvas on the characters skin. That's all.
(06-30-2021, 09:44 PM)qqqboi person Wrote: I would like to turn this image into an IRAY decal node to place as a tattoo on the back of one of my models, so what I need to do is have like a little bit of black gradient come out from the skull but also end preety close to the skull, like a 100 pixel gradient from the skull out that would turn from black to white to simulate something like a black canvas on the characters skin. That's all.
I don't know what's an IRAY
But for the 100 pixels out it's quite easy

right clcik on the layer > Alpha to selection, > then top menu > select > grow... > input 100px
New layer, put it below the skull > gradient tool (FG-BG black and white), in tool options, select Shape / Shaped (spherical)
play with adding nodes on the gradient, at the end if you want more white you can stroke the selection (Edit/Stroke Selection)

result without stroking selection

A different way
instead of Select > grow > 100px, I grow by 50px only and Edit/Stroke with a brush black, then Select > Grow > 50px again, and Edit >Stroke selection with a white brush
Don't forget to adjust the size of your brush before to stroke and chose a brush with a very smooth edge for a better "gradient" effect (unlike my quick test) Wink
Result:

Thanks man.