Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with color change
Hello everyone,

I am back with what I hope is a simple question. I would like to turn the red pill shaped areas in the image below from red to black two at a time all the way down. Thank you for any tips!

Use the Free Select Tool in Addition mode (after your first selection, hit the Enter key, then select the second part)

EDIT: Ooppss my bad, I did not see that you wanted black (see previous answer after the horizontal line, in case it can help a visitor to just desaturate the red)

Then go to Colors > Desaturate > Mono Mixer... diminish the red channel to get it black as your liking

Or... Colors > Desaturate > Desaturate in Luma mode

PREVIOUS answer (just to desaturate the red)

Then go to
Colors > Hue-Chroma..., put the Chroma slider at -100 (minus 100), and you're done.

Or another filter/method, go to
Colors > Hue-Saturation put the Saturation slider at -100 (minus 100) and diminish a bit the Lightness` slider to your liking, and you're done.

Patrice
Quote:
Quote:
PREVIOUS answer (just to desaturate the red)

Then go to 
Colors > Hue-Chroma..., put the Chroma slider at 0 (zero), and you're done.

When I did 'Colors > Hue-Chroma...' my Chroma slider was already at 0. Then I noticed that in your tutorial image your Chroma slider was at -100 so I put my Chroma slider to -100 and it worked!

Thanks!  
(03-02-2024, 06:45 AM)rinaldop Wrote: When I did 'Colors > Hue-Chroma...' my Chroma slider was already at 0. Then I noticed that in your tutorial image your Chroma slider was at -100 so I put my Chroma slider to -100 and it worked!

Thanks!  

Sorry, this is what happen when not focusing on what I was writing Big Grin (correction on the previous post is done, thank you for noting it)
I'm glad you found it out via the screenshots Wink
Patrice