Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Is It
Mainly for UK but there is a French connection

I seem to have accumulated many of this TV series of various eras Smile

Who Is the TV character ? Bonus if you can name the actors.
bottom left, Michael Gambon as commissioner Maigret

Bonus for actors... too much to write, thus screenshot and wikipedia link Big Grin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jules_Maigret
The number of different actors is quite impressive, I did not expect that number at all.

You got it:

Top left is Bruno Cremer - great French series.
then from the 1960's Rupert Davies
and Micheal Gambon
...and unexpectedly good in the role Rowan Atkinson
I've always enjoyed reading involving mysteries.
Edgar Allan Poe, Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie (I'm sorry if I spelled the names wrong.. too lazy to search).
But of this author, George Simenon, I had never heard of him before, nor of his works.

In any case, I'll do some research and see if I can find some of his books in my language.

it was easy and fast

https://elivros.love/autor/Georges-Simenon
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
(05-07-2023, 03:59 PM)rich2005 Wrote: You got it:

then from the 1960's  Rupert Davies
and Micheal Gambon

Cremer was good, but the iconic one is Jean Richard. But curious to see Rowan Atkinson in the role...
(05-07-2023, 10:44 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 03:59 PM)rich2005 Wrote: You got it:

then from the 1960's  Rupert Davies
and Micheal Gambon

Cremer was good, but the iconic one is Jean Richard. But curious to see Rowan Atkinson in the role...

I read on wikipedia that Simenon did not like Jean Richard, he did prefer Ruper Davies and as Madame Maigret it was Sato Tomomi (Japanese Maigret series), who earned the praises of Simenon himself: "The best 'Madame Maigret' in my opinion, even including the French ones, was the 'Madame Maigret' on Japanese television. She was exactly right". (from Wikipedia)

I'm going to search for Rowan Atkinson as Maigret, I have no doubt he might be good (confirmed by rich2005)
Mem Maigret is like Mme Columbo, you never see them...
(05-08-2023, 07:33 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Mem Maigret is like Mme Columbo, you never see them...

I noticed that   Smile  The Bruno Cremer series is currently showing on an old movies channel, French language with subtitles. Apart from great stories, I love the street scenes with the old cars. Citroen's and Renault 4CV's  

The Brit versions show a bit more home-life with his wife.
(05-08-2023, 07:33 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Mem Maigret is like Mme Columbo, you never see them...

Now you said it, I don't recall to have ever seen Mme Maigret (with Jean Richard) Undecided