Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Make Transparent Signature
'Transparent signature' meaning eliminate all the background.  I have followed instructions to do this with apparent success - make alpha channel, select by colour,  delete,  see the background change to a checkerboard.  Export as png.

All well and good but when I put it on my documents the background either eliminates, I mean writes over in white, what is underneath or somehow forces a move of what's underneath so that it kind of slides out of the way.

That's in Libre Writer.

Have a done the signature thing wrongly or is that the best we get?  Or is it a Libre prob?
I don't use Libre very often, but in Libre, did you check under Image Properties the "wrap" and "transparency" functions?
never even thought of it.  didn't know it existed.  so just went and found it and set it - transparency - to 100%.  didn't seem to make any difference....

but, aha.... thanks for that... it's the 'wrap' thing...  I set it at 'through' and we're in business...

thank you.   I'm all smiles.  Smile

(tried to stick it in here as a demo but it came at enormous size and I was unable to move it around so I deleted it.)
Very glad to help.