Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How automate crops of an image
Not Gimp using ImageMagick

Quote:I need to take different segmented crops of an image. Say my image is 100 tall by 2000 wide (100x2000 pixels)

How do I automatically crop an image 100x750 starting x=0 and crop every 10 pixels and save each image to file?

quick-n-dirty bash script with fixed values, change as appropriate. wide.png is the 2000x100 image.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

for i in $(seq 0 10 90)
do
  convert wide.png -crop 750x100+$i+0 +repage "%02d"$i.png
done

for i in $(seq 100 10 990)
do
  convert wide.png -crop 750x100+$i+0 +repage "%01d"$i.png
done

for i in $(seq 1000 10 1250)
do
  convert wide.png -crop 750x100+$i+0 +repage $i.png
done
Thank You
(08-12-2020, 06:24 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Not Gimp using ImageMagick

Quote:I need to take different segmented crops of an image.  Say my image is 100 tall by 2000 wide (100x2000 pixels)
How do I automatically crop an image 100x750 starting x=0 and crop every 10 pixels and save each image to file?
quick-n-dirty bash script with fixed values, change as appropriate. wide.png is the 2000x100 image.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
for i in $(seq 0 10 90)
do
 convert wide.png -crop 750x100+$i+0 +repage "%02d"$i.png
done
for i in $(seq 100 10 990)
do
 convert wide.png -crop 750x100+$i+0 +repage "%01d"$i.png
done
for i in $(seq 1000 10 1250)
do
 convert wide.png -crop 750x100+$i+0 +repage $i.png
done

Thanks? I am not sure, lol.  I have not messed with bash chmod linux terminal commands in 10 yrs?  And then, it was just messing.  (and vi, I mean are we still using that?  Luckily a little clue ":q")  I came here for a little help and I think I am getting tortured lol.  Maybe I will just manually rectangle select and paste each one in gimp haha, no.  please have mercy.
I have been trying to figure this out, as all my barriers are stupid questions but I am getting wore out.

So I believe I have everything running correctly, I can run "magick wide.png win:" and it opens up in the image in image viewer

I am a long ways from getting the script to work,  the wide.png is in working directory
When I enter this line:
$ convert wide.png -crop 750x100+$i+0 +repage "%02d"$i.png
  it gives me the error:
Invalid Parameter - -crop
(08-13-2020, 04:08 AM)stevem0 Wrote: I am a long ways from getting the script to work,  the wide.png is in working directory
When I enter this line:
  it gives me the error:

What ImageMagick version? IIRC -crop is a recent addition.
ImageMagick (IM) command line in a terminal still widely used.

Quote:..I can run "magick wide.png win:

If that works then you are using IM version 7 Is this in linux or Windows ? Obvously bash for linux, you need an equivalent bat file for Win. I am really rusty with Windows batch when it comes to loops. For IM 7 exchange magick for convert (convert is also a Windows command that plagues Windows users)

Quote:When I enter this line:
it gives me the error:

The i of course comes from the loop. Not there so you get an error. The syntax is
magick image -crop WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFFSET+YOFFSET +repage croppedimage

Your single command, for the first image

$ convert wide.png -crop 750x100+0+0 +repage "%02d"0.png

edit: for Windows thatshould be $ magick wide.png -crop 750x100+0+0 +repage 0.png (how to leading zeros in windows ??? - do not know)

The "%02d" pads out the name with leading zeros. I assume your set of 125 (or so) images are destined for an animation (or similar) and need regular numbering. Tried and I know it works.

How are you getting on with ofnuts plugin?

@ Ofnuts crop , recent, I do not think so http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/crop/
(08-13-2020, 06:49 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 04:08 AM)stevem0 Wrote: I am a long ways from getting the script to work,  the wide.png is in working directory
When I enter this line:
  it gives me the error:

What ImageMagick version? IIRC -crop is a recent addition.

Version: ImageMagick 7.0.10-25 Q16 x64 2020-08-01

(08-13-2020, 07:04 AM)rich2005 Wrote: ImageMagick (IM) command line in a terminal still widely used.

Quote:..I can run "magick wide.png win:

If that works then you are using IM version 7 Is this in linux or Windows ? Obvously bash for linux, you need an equivalent  bat file for Win. I am really rusty with Windows batch when it comes to loops.  For IM 7 exchange magick for convert (convert is also a Windows command that plagues Windows users)
I am using cygwin, I believe that is a "linux" emulation terminal for windows.  I installed the imageMagick version ImageMagick-i686-pc-cygwin.tar.gz for cygwin.  I downloaded that file within cygwin (wget) tar and installed in the cygwin environment. 

$ magick -version

Version: ImageMagick 7.0.10-25 Q16 x64 2020-08-01 http://www.imagemagick.org

Copyright: Copyright © 1999-2018 ImageMagick Studio LLC

License: http://www.imagemagick.org/script/license.php

Visual C++: 192628806

Features: Cipher DPC HDRI Modules OpenCL OpenMP(2.0)

Delegates (built-in): bzlib cairo flif freetype gslib heic jng jp2 jpeg lcms lqr
 lzma openexr pangocairo png ps raw rsvg tiff webp xml zlib
Of course for Windows you can download an installation file from the IM website.

I have been looking at a Windows .bat and a bit stuck on adding some leading zeros to (easily) make the images with consecutive numbers. Not impossible to get around without but tedious when loading images.

For linux and IM7 it looks like this: https://youtu.be/k0LiyMPh_gM 1 minute 20 seconds worth Wink

Hopefully you will get a Gimp script / plugin working and not require IM.
(08-13-2020, 12:46 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Of course for Windows you can download an installation file from the IM website.

I have been looking at a Windows .bat and a bit stuck on adding some leading zeros to (easily) make the images with consecutive numbers. Not impossible to get around without but tedious when loading images.

For linux and IM7 it looks like this: https://youtu.be/k0LiyMPh_gM  1 minute 20 seconds worth Wink

Hopefully you will get a Gimp script / plugin working and not require IM.

That was very helpful.

I was just about to post ,but it looks like all I needed to add to the script was:

magick convert wide.png -crop 750x100+$i+0 +repage "%02d"$i.png

I have been trying many different options, but giving in again.  

It looks like I am missing some delegates.  missing: (djvu fftw fontconfig jbig wmf x) compared to what you had in the youtube video.

I have Version: ImageMagick 7.0.10-25 Q16 x64 2020-08-01

Here is what I did:
I installed cygwin on win10
inside Cygwin:
$wget http://ftp.ftp.imagemagick.org/pub/Image...win.tar.gz
$tar XVZF ImageMagick-i686-pc-cygwin.tar.gz
$export MAGICK_HOME="$HOME/ImageMagick-7.0.10"
$export MAGICK_HOME="$HOME/ImageMagick-6.8.8"   (as this is the directory it wrote to)
$export PATH="$MAGICK_HOME/bin:$PATH
>LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:}$MAGICK_HOME/lib
$export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I can see the instructions to download and install the delegates.

https://www.imagemagick.org/download/delegates/
but the instructions say to use the commands:
./configure

make
make install
Which cygwin does not have.