Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I color-match an image?
I'm looking for a good method to color match an image.

I'm working with textures I want to use in a game, and I could have something like say a brick texture with nice grey-blue bricks.  Well, the other textures I'm using in this area have a brownish-yellow color to them.  I want to adjust the color to make the grey-blue bricks match the brownish-yellow of my other texture.

I've tried using Colors -> Hue-Saturation, but I can never seem to get it to match.  I've tried using colorize but makes everything the same color, and thus it loses things like the variation in saturation.
And I think part of the problem is that these textures are just too detailed.  Like the brownish-yellow is actually a range of browns and yellows and I'm trying to match a texture to be a brown or a yellow.
I could imagine this being possible with a small palette, like if these were pixel-art images each with sixteen colors, I could go into the palette data and adjust those colors one by one to match the source, making the colors that are a little more grey match the ones that are a little more brown.  But I'm not working with a small palette, I'm working with large and complicated textures.

Any ideas?
You can try this : GMIC-Qt / Colors / Transfer Colors (PCA)
That.. is working very well!
Thank you!