Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I turn this mic into an-black, buttonless mic?
I'm a real beginner with Gimp/ image-editing.

I have a picture of a mic with white text on one side, plus buttons on another side. I'd like to remove all the white letters, and remove the buttons. I want the mic just to be a plain mic. How can I do this? Removing the white letters is surely easier than removing the buttons. Any help would be appreciated.

Using 2.10 version.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/aizzm...c.jpg?dl=0

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:How can I turn this mic into an-black, buttonless mic?

My advice, find a better photograph, one with a plain background, and less of those jpeg artefacts. I did a photosearch and that photo was recognised as a knife, thats how good it is.

You can remove the background by drawing around the perimeter with a path. Path-to-selection then Layer -> Mask - Add a Layer Mask ( from selection ) isolates the mic.

Lettering easily removed with the resynthesizer/heal selection plugins. Since you are using some sort of linux, look in your repo for those packages. OSX could be a problem.

Buttons on the side. I copied a tiny selection to clipboard, made a selection, filled with clipboard pattern.

Finally a bit of cloning to remove a horrible magenta-ish reflection remaining from the background.

Tweak the colour curve a bit since the original is very dark.

attached example. Only a few minutes work, but a bit uphill for a beginner.

Attached Files
.gz   mic.xcf.gz (Size: 822.85 KB / Downloads: 174)
Hi Rich,Thank you so much for your reply and your efforts.  Actually, we were gonna use the mic with the rest of the photograph. The person holding the mic will be part of the finished photo. So we won\'t be removing the background.I just used your attached file and opened it as a layer. It does the job. Thanks again, sir.
Quote:My advice, find a better photograph, one with a plain background, and less of those jpeg artefacts. I did a photosearch and that photo was recognised as a knife, thats how good it is.

You can remove the background by drawing around the perimeter with a path. Path-to-selection then Layer -> Mask - Add a Layer Mask ( from selection ) isolates the mic.

Lettering easily removed with the resynthesizer/heal selection plugins. Since you are using some sort of linux, look in your repo for those packages. OSX could be a problem.

Buttons on the side. I copied a tiny selection to clipboard, made a selection, filled with clipboard pattern.

Finally a bit of cloning to remove a horrible magenta-ish reflection remaining from the background.

Tweak the colour curve a bit since the original is very dark.

attached example. Only a few minutes work, but a bit uphill for a beginner.