Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can i add a prevalent layer to an animated gif like in photohop?
I am new to gimp so i am still getting familiar with the interface.

In photoshop, an animated gif worked like this, there is a timeline and the layers on the side:

[Image: UD3wvDL.gif]

If i wanted to add a prevalent layer that existed in ALL the animation, all i had to do was go and add a layer (in this case, for demonstration purposes a black rectangle) to the THE END, after the last layer of the animation. When animated that layer will apply to all the animation:

[Image: 0lDPao9.gif]

How can i do this with GIMP?

If i import an animated gif, add a layer at the end and then export to save the layer will only appear at the end of the gif animation, not in all the animation.
You have to add the layer to all frames of the animation. There are scripts for this such as my own ofn-interleave-layers.
(04-12-2021, 07:23 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: You have to add the layer to all frames of the animation. There are scripts for this such as my own ofn-interleave-layers.

I see, i installed your plug-in (i can see a "layer box to selection" on the layer menu), might i ask how to use it to do what i want?

I am on windows, by the way.

Obviously add a new layer with a rectangle and then choose "layer box to selection" is not enough (or at least it doesn't work for me).

Thanks for the reply and thanks in advancement!
I linked to a page that contains many scripts. You picked the wrong one (at the top). ofn-interleave-layers is somewhere down. You can sort by name.

Installation instructions at the bottom of the page. The ZIP contains the script and a HTML doc. Read it...