Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I change the default color and size of fonts in GIMP?
The default size and color are invisible. Is there a way to change them?
Rather than changing them by hand every time I open the program
In the GIMP Menu go to > Edit / Preferences...
A window opens > Default Image, set your settings as you wish then click OK
and GIMP should open as default what you've setting up

Quote:The default size and color are invisible. Is there a way to change them? Rather than changing them by hand every time I open the program

By default Gimp keeps the last used settings and the font tool will use the foreground (FG) colour. If the last used FG colour is the same as the Image background (BG) colour then it will be "invisible". Up to you to leave Gimp in a suitable state for next use.

It is possible to set a particular font, font size, colour for when Gimp starts up. Make your settings - font - size - colour (not the same as the BG) then:

In `Edit -> Preferences
1) Tool Options section Untick Save tool options on exit then click on Save Tool Options Now
2) Input Devices section Untick Save input device settings on exit then click on Save Input Device Setting Now
3) Click on OK and restart Gimp

This procedure does of course fix all the tool settings so make sure they are what you what you require on start up. Of course everything can be changed as you edit. Just fixed at start-up.

A better way is make a Tool Preset for the required font Start here: https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-dialogs-misc.html
Thank you all