Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I create a color to alpha background to make a png?
I am trying to make a logo in which I need an alpha background so only my logo shows and nothing else. The attachment is an example of what I'm trying to do. When I made this in 2.8 I started with a blank page and simply clicked on Colors --> Color to alpha and it would do so. Then I just had to copy and paste a selection from a rectangle or eclipse for free select. and wham I got my PNG. Now it appears that is no longer possible. I've tried everything I know but I can't seem to get that invisible background. Any suggestions will be appreciated. 
Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I am not fully understanding the problem so just some suggestions.

Start with a transparent background
File > New. Open Advanced Options; then Fill With: Transparency.

Does your image have an alpha channel? In 2.8 Colour To Alpha would add an alpha channel if there wasn't one. 2.10 does not do this automatically. In 2.10 Colour To Alpha needs two things: 1) Mode must be RGB 2) there must be an alpha channel.
(03-25-2019, 06:09 AM)Blighty Wrote: I am not fully understanding the problem so just some suggestions.

Start with a transparent background
File > New. Open Advanced Options; then Fill With: Transparency.

Does your image have an alpha channel? In 2.8 Colour To Alpha would add an alpha channel if there wasn't one. 2.10 does not do this automatically. In 2.10 Colour To Alpha needs two things: 1) Mode must be RGB 2) there must be an alpha channel.
OK Got it. That's what I was looking for. Thanx