Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I customize the toolbox?
How do I customize the toolbox in GIMP these days?  I recall doing this in older versions but can't find the options I need now.

I want to change what tools appear in the toolbox.
More to the point I want to disable this counter-productive layout where the tools have other tools hidden inside them.  I just want to put the tools I use frequently in the toolbox so I can get them with a single click.
But as I said, I can't find the option to customize it in any place I'm looking in.
(12-06-2021, 03:25 AM)Marscaleb Wrote: How do I customize the toolbox in GIMP these days?  I recall doing this in older versions but can't find the options I need now.

I want to change what tools appear in the toolbox.
More to the point I want to disable this counter-productive layout where the tools have other tools hidden inside them.  I just want to put the tools I use frequently in the toolbox so I can get them with a single click.
But as I said, I can't find the option to customize it in any place I'm looking in.

In the menu Edit ➤ Preferences, a window opens.
Then in that new window go to interface select Toolbox, uncheck Use tool groups, done -> no more multiple clicks to reach a "hidden" tool Wink
Good to know, you can drag n drop each tool individually to change their place if you wish Wink

In answer to your question as to controlling which tools appear - "Edit/Preferences/Toolbox/Tools Configuration" then click to the left of the tool icons to determine which ones appear in the toolbox - those with the eye symbol appear and changes are reflected immediately so you get confirmation of what you are doing.