Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I do this?
Smile 
Hello all!

I would like to do the following, see attached image:

• image 1 is the original, image 2 has a blue-ish color overlay: #00abb5
  • I would like to reproduce the color overlay so I can create an image like #2.
  • When I add a (normal) layer and use the paint bucket to fill it with color #00abb5 and play with the opacity %, the results are not what I am looking for.
So, how do I do it?

Many thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Difficult to get an exact match using a simple overlay.

This with the colour indicated, layer mode pin light, opacity about 55 %

Maybe possible with a before-after look-up-table ( CLUT) using the gmic plugin.

edit: Maybe a little extra processing with Color -> Exposure filter to make the blacks a little blacker.

Thanks @rich2005! I will try it.
Attached I provide the file BluishTest.gcf

.7z   BluishTest.7z (Size: 5.25 KB / Downloads: 68)

This is a preset curve.

Save this file in your curves folder.

With the image open, open Colors - Curves;
Click on the Manage Presets option (small icon next to the + sign);
select - Import Current settings from file;
Choose the BluishTest file - ok.
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
(11-08-2022, 04:32 PM)Krikor Wrote: With the image open, open Colors - Curves;
Click on the Manage Presets option (small icon next to the + sign);
select - Import Current settings from file;
Choose the BluishTest file - ok.

Krikor, thanks for this!!  For the first time ever, the curves tool finally makes sense to me. I guess that seeing such a singular objective, coupled with the way you attained it, just resonated with me better than other attempts that I have seen.
Exclamation

Sorry to bother you again, but Some parts of the image are not being modified. See the images to see whta I mean. How can I make sure the whole image will get an overlay color?

(11-08-2022, 04:32 PM)Krikor Wrote: Worked! :-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

Try addition mode

It is all getting modified compared to the amount of colour that is already in the original picture. If it is highlighted alot it will look like it gets less.

Smile
(11-10-2022, 06:36 AM)sallyanne Wrote: Try addition mode

It is all getting modified compared to the amount of colour that is already in the original picture. If it is highlighted alot it will look like it gets less.

Could you please explain how I can do this? Because if I simply add a layer in addition mode and then use the color curves preset, nothing happens.
(11-10-2022, 11:09 AM)JDRay Wrote: Could you please explain how I can do this? Because if I simply add a layer in addition mode and then use the color curves preset, nothing happens.

You do find that a color difference curve (or a CLUT) do not always give equivalence when applied to a different sort of image.

In this case, work the other way round, apply the clor curve, then add a color over-layer, in a 'mode', with adjusted opacity.
Do not expect any great result.
Thanks, but it does not quite solbve the problem...

Do you know any other way to do it?