Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help With SVG File To Create A Font
Hello Everyone,

I've created a font using paths in Gimp.
The .svg file contains all the character for the font.
Would I need to separate each character, in order to create a font?
If so, would you guys have any suggestions, as to how I might go about separating each character.
Is there a script/plug-in that I can use with Gimp 2.8, to accomplish this task quickly?

[Image: Screenshot_2.png]
ofn-path-edits has a "Break path apart" function that will split a path in to one path per stroke. For a good half of characters (the single-stroke ones) this will be fine, but you will have to merge together the strokes from multi-stroke characters (normally next to each other in the path list).

But maybe you should export the whole path to InkScape and work there.
(08-24-2018, 07:33 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: ofn-path-edits has a "Break path apart" function that will split a path in to one path per stroke. For a good half of characters (the single-stroke ones) this will be fine, but you will have to merge together the strokes from multi-stroke characters (normally next to each other in the path list).

But maybe you should export the whole path to InkScape and work there.

Thanks Ofnuts.
I obtain the ofn-path-edits.py file from your SourceForge collection, and it performed as expected.
This is another of your essential path tools, that every Gimper shouldn't be without.
Now I can finish up my font charters individually in InkScape, before I start working with FontForge.

Thanks again.  Big Grin