Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I set up an guide layout?
I apologize for the vague title, I'm just not sure how to phrase what it is I want to do.

I basically need help figuring out how to do something like this-

[Image: MN4RXwo.jpg]

Not the designs in it, but the layout itself. It's all perfectly aligned and I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it in GIMP.

Something like this, in photoshop.
Trying to make something like you asked : 

Get a photo, I used this :

Then use filters :
QmicQt / Artistic / Fractalise
QmicQt / Artistic / Fingerpaint
Darken using 'Colours / Curves'
QmicQt / Deformations / Random
Change different colors with : Colours / Hue-Saturation

Results :

Truthfully I would set up a suitable grid and move the images manually. Using standard Gimp tools.

If the images are the same size then tool for spacing out is the align tool.  Set up a selection based on image size and spread the images out. 

Not a difficult calculation but Gimp can do it for you. The arithmetic operators multipy * divide / plus + minus - work in the selection tool options.

Easier if it is an even number of images, but for say 2 rows 3 on top 2 at bottom.

Something like this: https://youtu.be/qEjod0qFxro  a long demo for me - nearly 5 minutes.

(06-08-2020, 10:28 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Truthfully I would set up a suitable grid and move the images manually. Using standard Gimp tools.

If the images are the same size then tool for spacing out is the align tool.  Set up a selection based on image size and spread the images out. 

Not a difficult calculation but Gimp can do it for you. The arithmetic operators multipy * divide / plus + minus - work in the selection tool options.

Easier if it is an even number of images, but for say 2 rows 3 on top 2 at bottom.

Something like this: https://youtu.be/qEjod0qFxro  a long demo for me - nearly 5 minutes.

Mm thank but I didn't find that very user friendly or intuitive. But thank you for trying to help anyways.

I ended up learning how to do it in Photoshop instead. Hopefully in the future GIMP's guide layout won't be such a hassle to use.