Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do i make a singular pixel brush
I use version 2.10.32
 Already tried adjusting all sliders to minimal, best i get is a square of about 9x9 pixels, what do i do?
Do not use the paint brush, it introduces anti-aliasing giving semi-transparent border pixels

Use the pencil tool, there is a standard brush 1. pixel (3x3) that gives a 1 pixel size on the slider

looks like this: 

You can't use a "parametric" brush for this, but there is a standard Pixel (1x1 square) brush (in Gimp 2.10).
i have tried exactly that, never even use brush, always pencil, and used the "pixel 3x3" brush, but it's still bigger than i want, maybe i should resize the background to make the brush be a pixel without actually fixing it? How could i do that?
Or you could put your brush mark on a transparent layer and resize it to what you want

Smile
Using Gimp 2.10.32 when I choose the pencil and then the pixel brush and change the default size from 3 to 1 pixel and then zoom way in I get what looks to me like painting a 1 pixel wide stroke.
(11-07-2022, 11:17 PM)Edumaximus Wrote: i have tried exactly that, never even use brush, always pencil, and used the "pixel 3x3" brush, but it's still bigger than i want, maybe i should resize the background to make the brush be a pixel without actually fixing it? How could i do that?

Did you try the one that I mentioned in my previous answer:

stupid moment, i didn't know this one was even there, but why would they throw it in the middle of the other weird brushes no one uses? idk, maybe i'm blind Cool
 thanks doe, problem is solved
(11-09-2022, 12:11 PM)Edumaximus Wrote: but why would they throw it in the middle of the other weird brushes no one uses? 

It's alphabetic, determined by whatever the creator decided to name it.  Ever look at the paint color names in a paint "fan  deck"?  When creative people are tasked with coming up with  arbitrary names, sometimes their creativity becomes a factor.

You can take control, however. You can make a copy of the brushes you prefer, and export them  as new Gimp brushes named anything you want, and the result will be grouped as you prefer.
Note in the following export dialog example,... I have  designated  a preceding group name of "Basic_" to the brush name.   That way all such brushes that I also brand that  same way, will be grouped  together in the brush window.

You can develop multiple groups, such as Shapes_     Landscaping_       Mechanical_   or whatever your special interest might be. And so long as you remember to name them all accordingly, they will stay grouped together.  Standard file naming conventions apply So "AA" precedes "AB" and "11" precedes "AA"   etc

[Image: qurDTp5.png]

(11-09-2022, 12:11 PM)Edumaximus Wrote:  other weird brushes no one uses?

BTW, it's amusing that you think that.   Over time one usually develops a keen appreciation for "weird" brushes that do one particular thing very well.  I've got hundreds....