Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you change the folder for saved projects?
Sad 
I have looked on the preference settings and there isnt anyplace to set the saved files to a different location.  So every time i open and us gimp and save a new file i have to remember to change the set location to my location.  I am the only one who used this computer, and i have all my files going i C:, not in users etc.  

So what happens is i forget, and end up with files in both locations.  yeah.. ok thanks
The short answer is, nothing in Gimp to set a default save/export folder. Also an image opened in 'some-location' will save/export to that same location.

For new images, the best way is add a location to the Gimp save/export dialogue. Then it is just a matter of clicking that location. Not too arduous.

Another way and not really recommended, is change the Windows Default save location. Your images will save there but so will all other applications. (At least there is a restore option for when it screws up)

The C:\graphics folder now takes the place of 'Documents' 

At least on Linux, the working directory of the Gimp process (that, on Windows, can be set in the application shortcut) is always added near the top in the file selector locations (in the image below, I created a /tmp/CurrentDirectory, made it the working directory and started Gimp):

Thank you both i tried to reply to each and when i try to type no letters get typed and the items you can select in the editor are lighting up. very strange.
Rich2005 I had thought to change the properties, and just didnt have time to look at that. I think thats how i will do it.

or maybe like ofnuts said, i will look at that too, see which is the easiest. again thank you