Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Color to Alpha options have vanished!
Color to Alpha on this older Gimp had always had multiple options; foreground, background, black, white, and a thing to click to choose a specific color. Nothing has been updated or otherwise changed on my computer, and I haven't done anything to Gimp either, but suddenly, Color to Alpha ONLY gives me the thing to click to choose a specific color, the other options have just VANISHED! I use these options a lot in my art, and they appear to not exist in the current Gimp… the controls are so complex that I can't be sure, lol… so I really need my previous options back! Can anyone tell me how to do that… and/or, how my options vanished in the first place? Thanks!
(07-08-2023, 04:04 AM)HavingTooMuchFun Wrote: ..... but suddenly, Color to Alpha ONLY gives me the thing to click to choose a specific color, the other options have just VANISHED! I use these options a lot in my art, and they appear to not exist in the current Gimp… the controls are so complex that I can't be sure, lol… so I really need my previous options back! Can anyone tell me how to do that… and/or, how my options vanished in the first place? Thanks!

That reads like you have reverted to a Gimp 2.8. If that is the case you will need to go back to Gimp 2.10

The differences for anyone not used to Gimp 2.8

- 2.8 has a single option the colour (1) and clicking in the color option brings up the choose color dialogue with its colour picker. Only that single option and you might just see from the preview, leaves the foreground with some transparency.

- 2.10 can set the colour the same way, clicking in the color to bring up the dialogue (2) also a direct picker (3) More options (4) to improve the result and because it is now a GEGL operation the canvas shows the result.

In Gimp 2.8 the Color-to-alpha plugin is indeed deceptively simple:

If you had something else, either you were not on Gimp 2.8 or you added some plugin (but I don't know any).
I figured it out! My Control key had an intermittent failure, lol! I had to unplug the keyboard, restart the computer, and then plug it back in, and now it works!

[Image: g5PHHa9.png]