Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Copy and Paste a Selection of a Layer
Quote:..So I can fix a selection now but the boarder is only dotted and not crawling. It won't cut the selection after I switch tools.

No crawling dots, then you are not on the active layer. I think the best way for this project is one more step and merge the layers into one. This is usually done at the end of an edit but in this case...  Wink

You now have your 3 layers (pages 114, 113, 112) spread out and increased the canvas size to suit. Image -> Fit canvas to layers but still 3 layers
Combine the 3 layers into one. Image -> Merge Visible Layers That cuts out the confusion you have over swapping between layers.

Since the final result appears to be a single page, you can use the crop tool to cut it out, or again make a selection and this time Edit -> Paste  As -> New Image.
Any transparent borders ? Use Image -> Zealous Crop 
Remember to save all your work. 

All that in 3 minutes https://youtu.be/AhtE_CAd_wo

Just a note about image resolution. If the originals came from a PDF (pages 112, 113, 114) then the default resolution 100 ppi does not make for wonderful quality. If you need to print the result, better to import using 300 ppi.
(03-22-2021, 11:10 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:..So I can fix a selection now but the boarder is only dotted and not crawling. It won't cut the selection after I switch tools.

No crawling dots, then you are not on the active layer. I think the best way for this project is one more step and merge the layers into one. This is usually done at the end of an edit but in this case...  Wink

You now have your 3 layers (pages 114, 113, 112) spread out and increased the canvas size to suit. Image -> Fit canvas to layers but still 3 layers
Combine the 3 layers into one. Image -> Merge Visible Layers That cuts out the confusion you have over swapping between layers.

Since the final result appears to be a single page, you can use the crop tool to cut it out, or again make a selection and this time Edit -> Paste  As -> New Image.
Any transparent borders ? Use Image -> Zealous Crop 
Remember to save all your work. 

All that in 3 minutes https://youtu.be/AhtE_CAd_wo

Just a note about image resolution. If the originals came from a PDF (pages 112, 113, 114) then the default resolution 100 ppi does not make for wonderful quality. If you need to print the result, better to import using 300 ppi.

Wonderful video and instructions! This is exactly the steps I needed!
Cheers!