Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Set Image Canvas Size with Script-Fu?
I need to increase image size without increasing original image, just adding boundaries around the picture. How it can be done with Script-Fu? In GIMP this function is under Image->Canvas size
(09-21-2017, 07:16 AM)Gravitus Wrote: I need to increase image size without increasing original image, just adding boundaries around the picture. How it can be done with Script-Fu? In GIMP this function is under Image->Canvas size

See gimp-image-resize. IIRC the offsets are likely to be negative.

Hint:
  • Filter>Script-fu>console give a dialog whre you can try things.
  • In this dialog there is a"Browse..." button that opens a dialog where all function are described
  • At the top of this dialog there is a filter bar. Entering something in the entry field restricts the list to functions with that string in their name. For instance, entering "size" gives you just 24 possibilities with very few potential candidates.
Nice copy and paste from http://zwell.net/content/pygimp.html ..although not sure these scripts are 1) Relevant to the OP's question 2) Able to work in the current Gimp version (2.8.22), although perhaps I've missed the point here?
The OP mentions Script-fu and not PythonSmile
Someone copied the page I linked to and posted it here, they have deleted it now.