Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
measure/record pixel coordinates
I will bump this up in case Ofnuts misses it. Not a plugin I normally have installed, it does use the python csv module and as far as I can see that is already there.

Is the plugin executable ? The menu entry is well buried bottom of the Paths right-click context menu.

Not much more to advise Wink This using (k)ubuntu 18.04 and a Gimp 2.8 https://i.imgur.com/X5tJDyC.mp4

Maybe something in there that helps.
I wrote that script for Gimp 2.6 IIRC, and I recently used it in 2.10, so with 2.8 you should be fine.
  • You definitely need Python support in Gimp, so first check if you have a a Filters ➤ Python-fu ➤ Console entry in the menu (bottom of Filters, next to Script-fu. If not, IIRC your distro has a gimp-python package that you can install with apt or your software manager.
  • Once you have the Python support make sure that the .py file is marked executable
  • If still no result, start Gimp in a terminal and watch for error messages
(02-23-2022, 04:30 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: I wrote that script for Gimp 2.6 IIRC, and I recently used it in 2.10, so with 2.8 you should be fine.
  • You definitely need Python support in Gimp, so first check if you have a a Filters ➤ Python-fu ➤ Console entry in the menu (bottom of Filters, next to Script-fu. If not, IIRC your distro has a gimp-python package that you can install with apt or your software manager.
  • Once you have the Python support make sure that the .py file is marked executable
  • If still no result, start Gimp in a terminal and watch for error messages

Thanks to rich2005 and Ofnuts for your replies.  I do have python support for Gimp based on Filters menu test above.  I marked the .py file as executable before moving it into the directory specified in the script instructions.

When I start GIMP from a terminal, I did get the following error message:

(gimp:16535): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 09:37:40.656: g_object_set_is_valid_property: object class 'GeglConfig' has no property named 'cache-size'

I could try it in W10 or another linux distro if that might be helpful.  I downloaded the flatpak for 2.10 but have not run it as I believed that I had to remove 2.08 first and wanted to see if anyone had a solution I did not know of.  However, it seems that I am missing something more fundamental in my implementation.

An alternative for me would be any method to export the Measure info window values to a text or csv file with a key command instead of having to manually copy the info window number and paste it into a spreadsheet.  If you know of any such function, please let me know.

Thx
Quote: ... Ubuntu 18.04-based linux distro ..

I wonder which one ? You can install a flatpak without un-installing the Gimp 2.8.22 installed from the repo. Both can co-exist. The flatpak is sandboxed so I do not know how it works where that zero-size csv file is required.

Other options for 'buntu 18.04

You can use a Gimp-2.10.22 appimage
https://github.com/aferrero2707/gimp-app...4.AppImage
This is a 'portable' version, no need to remove your existing 2.8.22, comes with python support. Make it executable, run it. Plugins go in ~/.config/GIMP-AppImage/2.10/plug-ins/ I use this one every day in kubuntu 18.04

Install from a 'buntu PPA https://launchpad.net/~ubuntuhandbook1/+...buntu/gimp for 'buntu 18.04 (bionic) you again get Gimp 2.10.22 This one will replace your existing Gimp.