Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to adjust the fill
Hi, I need to adjust the green patch inside the white stroke. But not sure how to select all those green fills at the same time. Any help will be great.

[Image: 3FrLEcN.png]
I would have put this "fill" on a layer under Wink
Having said that, and because the font you're using allows for some trickeries  Wink

If it's not on a transparent layer
Select the white edge (fuzzy tool)
then Select > Remove Holes
Then Select > Shrink ( few pixels up to the green thing)

You have selected your green thing  Big Grin

If it's on a transparent layer
Alpha to Selection
Select > Shrink (then it's like above)

EDIT: Ok it's transparent
2 step as letters don't have same size

1)
Alpha to selection > Deselect the 2 big letters > then Select > Shrink
Do what you need to do
then 2) for the big letters
again > Alpha to selection > Deselect all the little letter > Then Select > Shrink
Do what you need to do

I did try on big letter and shrink by 13 pixels seems to be good

Your green stuff has very little red/blue and is darker that the rest, so you can use the Color selection, and change the criterion to Red, Blue or Lightness/Value.

You letters aren't well cut tout...There are some pixels left around them, mostly near tops, but also some bottoms and sides.These can be removed from the selection using an intersection.
Thanks @PixLab, Ofnuts

May I know what select > Remove holes do ?

Both methods work. :bow
(08-24-2021, 03:14 PM)meetdilip Wrote: Thanks @PixLab, Ofnuts

May I know what select > Remove holes do ?

Both methods work. :bow

That's an extremely under-rated function  Big Grin (I use it all the time)

A quick example use the fuzzy select tool on a sky
We have a mess at one point with many tiny thing selected

After Select > Remove Holes, it keep the main external selection and removes all that mess inside, thus cleaning your selection or multiple selection if not connected

In your case (the letters with the green thing inside) using "Remove Holes" will have cleared the inner selection > allowing you to shrink normally, if not you would have shrinked the selection that was selecting the white edges only> thus you would not have been able to select the green part.
to have a better understanding about what it does, you can try that method (the first one I wrote) even if it's a transparent BG on your image > Fuzzy select tool, > select the white edge around letters > Then select >Remove holes Wink
That's brilliant !!

Thanks. Smile