Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to automatically rename the image when exporting? (no prompts)
I sometimes manage my Gimp files with XnView.  I have created a folder I call gimp conduit.  In Gimp I drag the folder to the commonly used folders and leave it as the default folder.  Then I open and edit the file in Gimp.  Then I File-Export and select the option to the same file if I want to overwrite.  If I want a new name I opt for File-Export as and add something to change the name when it appears at the top. Then in XnView it is a simple task to right click on the file and move it to another folder.
(08-21-2022, 06:46 PM)zeuspaul Wrote: I sometimes manage my Gimp files with XnView.  I have created a folder I call gimp conduit.  In Gimp I drag the folder to the commonly used folders and leave it as the default folder.  Then I open and edit the file in Gimp.  Then I File-Export and select the option to the same file if I want to overwrite.  If I want a new name I opt for File-Export as and add something to change the name when it appears at the top. Then in XnView it is a simple task to right click on the file and move it to another folder.

That's another workaround, but again, it means it takes a whole lot of more time than simply exporting into the same folder. Thank you for the tip though.