Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text template changing. Not sure why!
I have a template that I have used in the past with no issues. The template has multiple layers...text, pictures, etc

For some reason when I use the same template now, I click on a text layer and the text layer changes. I don't know why this is happening. 

You can see in the picture attached I can click in the text layer, but as soon as I type it changes from the original. I want it to stay with the original font size and type.

thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you select the changed text with the Text Tool, what character set is visible on the tool options text dock  (MS Serif as in your screendump) ? And are the font parameters the same : size, justify, etc... when you select the text ?
From the screenshots that is strange. 
Often if the original comes from some other source and the font used is missing, a replacement font is used...but for Windows MS Serif seems to be there. That is a strange font as well, I pulled it out from my Win10 (VM) C:\Windows\Fonts and it is a serife.fon file which is postscript and no longer supported by Gimp 2.10. Got to assume some sort of replacement is used.

If you look at this screenshot(s) Win10 / Gimp 2.10.32 The text properties look identical MS Serif / size 35 px / fixed text box for both. Only looks like that because:
(1) has the font size reduced to 27 by selecting the on canvas text and using the on canvas text tool. That way can be prone to disaster.
(2) is text with a global size of 35. It look like your original text for some reason has lost that formatting.

My advice is,
Select all the text in the text box and click on that little left side icon arrow, That removes any formatting that might still exist.
Use the Text Toolbox to change the font size to suit, (maybe 27-ish)

I normally use linux and there is a ttf font MSReferenceSerif.ttf that replaces serife.fon and works with Gimp.
Thanks Rich, I was really hoping to keep the original formatting rather than going through and changing everything, but I guess I don't have a choice.

(02-06-2023, 10:09 AM)denzjos Wrote: If you select the changed text with the Text Tool, what character set is visible on the tool options text dock  (MS Serif as in your screendump) ? And are the font parameters the same : size, justify, etc... when you select the text ?

The changed text in the text box and the side are the same.

UPDATE - I was using 2.10.32 and went back to 2.10.24 and it works again!