Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to change the menu icon size?
I rotated the screen capture 90 degrees because it would be too long vertically.

As you see below, even though I have changed the UI font size by editing the "gtkrc" file, the icons does not seem to scale. Those images seem to be from share\gimp\2.0\icons\Symbolic-High-Contrast\scalable\apps, and they are vector images (.svg), but they don't scale at all. Whether at I choose Preference->Interface->Icon Theme "Guess icon size from resolution" or "Custom icon size = Huge", the menu icon size does not change.

Is there any way to change the menu icon size? Or is this a bug and there is currently no way to change the menu icon size?

[Image: ATgIyKM.png]
I think that is os related. In windows you can change them but the text and all other things are changed :

https://superuser.com/questions/1277089/...windows-10
Add the following to your gtkrc file:
Code:
gtk-icon-sizes = "gtk-menu=24,24"
You may have to restart GIMP
That should change the menu icons from 13 to 24 pixels.

There are other possible predefined sizes, but I don't know if they have any effect in GIMP.

Code:
GTK+ itself use the following named icon sizes: gtk-menu, gtk-button, gtk-small-toolbar, gtk-large-toolbar, gtk-dnd, gtk-dialog
For example:
Code:
gtk-icon-sizes = "gtk-menu=13,13:gtk-small-toolbar=16,16:gtk-large-toolbar=24,24:gtk-dnd=32,32"
(10-20-2020, 09:08 AM)Kevin Wrote:
Code:
GTK+ itself use the following named icon sizes: gtk-menu, gtk-button, gtk-small-toolbar, gtk-large-toolbar, gtk-dnd, gtk-dialog
For example:
Code:
gtk-icon-sizes = "gtk-menu=13,13:gtk-small-toolbar=16,16:gtk-large-toolbar=24,24:gtk-dnd=32,32"

Oh, finally, a working solution. Thanks. This item (gtk-icon-sizes) did not even exist in the gtkrc file.