Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
superimpose on picture
hi
I have a figure on a white background...

is there any easy way to superimpose that on another pic ?

The only way I know is to use lasoo but it will be a little
difficult as part of the image is a cigarette holder etc.

thanks for any comment or advice
1. Make sure the image has an alpha channel. Right click the layer in the layers dialogue and Add Alpha Channel. If it is greyed out there already is an alpha channel.

2. Use the Fuzzy Select tool to select the white background. Set threshold as needed.

3. Edit > Clear or press the delete key.

There will probably be a white halo around the figure. Get rid of this as follows:

4. Select > Grow by 1 or 2 pixels

5. Colours > Colour to Alpha accept the default white

6. Select > None

Copy this image and paste into another as a new layer.
thanks....

not sure if Im up to it .... but Ill have a go !
(10-12-2018, 03:31 PM)silverbirch Wrote: thanks....  

not  sure  if  Im  up  to  it ....  but  Ill  have  a  go   !

managed  to  get  a   good  clean  image   against  a  chequered  background....

cant  figure  out   how  to  get  that  over to the  other  picture  in the  other  window...

using  lasoo   at  this  point  I  usaly   cut  and  paste  into  the  other  pic  but   cut  and  paste  isnt 

working  ..... !

GOT there in the end.... somehow I must have been copying a clear layer above the image

deleted that then found I could cut and paste the image....

Thnks for the info, I must remember this method.... saves a lot of time compared with the lasoo method !
(10-14-2018, 02:44 PM)silverbirch Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 03:31 PM)silverbirch Wrote: thanks....  

not  sure  if  Im  up  to  it ....  but  Ill  have  a  go   !

managed  to  get  a   good  clean  image   against  a  chequered  background....

cant  figure  out   how  to  get  that  over to the  other  picture  in the  other  window...

using  lasoo   at  this  point  I  usaly   cut  and  paste  into  the  other  pic  but   cut  and  paste  isnt 

working  ..... !

GOT  there in the  end....      somehow  I  must have  been  copying   a    clear  layer  above the  image

deleted  that  then  found  I  could  cut  and paste the    image....

Thnks  for the  info,  I must remember  this  method....  saves  a lot  of  time compared with the  lasoo  method  !

Been   trying  this  method  again  on  another  picture.....

in  end  lieft  with    outline  all round the  figure

hit  the   grow   pixels  ...  set  at  3  but  nothing  happened

I  assume  the  figure  sholuld   get  slightly  larger  and  hide  the  thin  outline  ....

(10-20-2018, 12:00 AM)silverbirch Wrote:  I  assume  the  figure  sholuld   get  slightly  larger  and  hide  the  thin  outline  ....

No, the figure doesn't get larger. The selection is on the background. Selection > Grow will increase the size of the selection to cover the outline. Colour to alpha will remove the outline while preserving the anti-aliasing pixels. (Referring to the 6 steps in my previous post)