Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to delete a file saved on levels
GIMP 2.10

How to delete a file saved on levels

I saved a preset file "remove-cast-color" on levels. Pls refers to screenshot.  How can I delete it on screen ?

I can only delete this file on Terminal of Ubuntu 20.04 running;
Code:
$ rm /home/satimis/.config/GIMP/2.10/levels/remove-cast-yellow

To remove colour casts;
Apply Colors > Auto > White Balance from the main menu. This should automatically remove colour casts from most photos but not 100% workable.

On Internet I found following document;

Removing a colour cast using GIMP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iehOYBYgXE

That document is for GIMP 2.8.  I'm running GIMP 2.10 here.  The screen is different.  Pls help.  Where can I find relevant document fro GIMP 2.10?

Thanks

Regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Perhaps the image below will help.

Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
Hi,

Thanks for your advice

I'm running GIMP 2.10 here. Its screen differs from GIMP 2.8

Pls refer to attached screenshot from_2.10_1.png

I have to start "Manage Saved Presets" clicking the icon next to the inverted triangle on Presets:[             ] row

Pls refer to attached screenshot from_2.10_2.png
It is now empty because I have deleted all entries there.

They are named by date and time, not by file-name.  If I understand your advice correct I have to delete the entry listed on "Last used date and time" corresponding to the date and time creating such a file.  But it is not convenient?

Even I have deleted all the entries on "Manage Saved Presets" the file "Manage Saved Presets" is still there

$ ls /home/satimis/.config/GIMP/2.10/levels/
Code:
remove-cast-yellow
(07-14-2022, 01:24 PM)Krikor Wrote: Perhaps the image below will help.

Regards

I don't know how to display videos within the forum, so here's the link to the clip I made trying to show the steps to remove a preset in Levels.

https://imgur.com/LXJGvEO

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/BrEAY5i"  ><a href="//imgur.com/a/BrEAY5i">Delete Level Present Gimp</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[video=imgur]https://imgur.com/LXJGvEO[/video]
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
(07-14-2022, 04:04 PM)Krikor Wrote: I don't know how to display videos within the forum, so here's the link to the clip I made trying to show the steps to remove a preset in Levels.

https://imgur.com/LXJGvEO

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/BrEAY5i"  ><a href="//imgur.com/a/BrEAY5i">Delete Level Present Gimp</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[video=imgur]https://imgur.com/LXJGvEO[/video]

Thanks for your advice.

The screen of GIMP 2.8 "Adjust Color Levels" differs to the screen of GIMP 2.10 "Adjust Color Levels".  Please refer to the screenshot attached.

GIMP 2.8 "Adjust Color Levels" on the right
GIMP 2.10 "Adjust Color Levels" on the left.

I think I would install GIMP 2.8 to continue the test.

Regards

(07-14-2022, 04:57 PM)Stephen Liu Wrote: I think I would install GIMP 2.8 to continue the test.

Regards

You don't need to install 2.8 ➤ Krikor gave you the answer for GIMP 2.10, the very same GIMP that you have declared in your first post.
Also about this specific function, there are no difference between 2.8 and 2.10 as shown in your screenshot, the "+" and the "<" (little arrow) are at the very same place

(07-15-2022, 02:28 AM)PixLab Wrote:
(07-14-2022, 04:57 PM)Stephen Liu Wrote: I think I would install GIMP 2.8 to continue the test.

Regards

You don't need to install 2.8 ➤ Krikor gave you the answer for GIMP 2.10, the very same GIMP that you have declared in your first post.
Also about this specific function, there are no difference between 2.8 and 2.10 as shown in your screenshot, the "+" and the "<" (little arrow) are at the very same place
Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

The screen of "Adjust Color Levels" upload by Krikor looks different to that of The screen of "Adjust Color Levels" on my GIMP 2.10.

The small triangles on the slides are completely disappears on my screen

Please refer to the images upload by me.

Is there any way to reset it?

Thanks

Regards

These are two different things (and this applies to both 2.8 and 2.10).

All settings that you applied are automatically saved  as "Presets" as a single file (tool-options/gimp-levels-tool.settings in this case) in your Gimp profile. Their purpose is to let to quickly store your own settings for future use. While by default these settings are only identified by a time stamp, they can also be given a name for easy retrieval(*). Gimp will let you manage them (instead of editing a file) with the "Manage Saved Presets" dialog.

The Import Current Settings From File/Export Current Settings to File  things are (as name implies) mostly used to exchange settings with other Gimp installations, and not really meant to save/restore your own settings, which is better done with the other method. As such the files can be anywhere on your disk (where you saved them from your browser or your mail, or on a network share) and their management if out of Gimp's scope (but I agree that the default directory in the Gimp profile is a bad idea).

(*) and if you use my settings-cleaner thing, those with a name are never cleaned.
(07-15-2022, 10:39 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: These are two different things (and this applies to both 2.8 and 2.10).

All settings that you applied are automatically saved  as "Presets" as a single file (tool-options/gimp-levels-tool.settings in this case) in your Gimp profile. Their purpose is to let to quickly store your own settings for future use. While by default these settings are only identified by a time stamp, they can also be given a name for easy retrieval(*). Gimp will let you manage them (instead of editing a file) with the "Manage Saved Presets" dialog.

The Import Current Settings From File/Export Current Settings to File  things are (as name implies) mostly used to exchange settings with other Gimp installations, and not really meant to save/restore your own settings, which is better done with the other method. As such the files can be anywhere on your disk (where you saved them from your browser or your mail, or on a network share) and their management if out of Gimp's scope (but I agree that the default directory in the Gimp profile is a bad idea).

(*) and if you use my settings-cleaner thing, those with a name are never cleaned.
Thanks for your advice.

Whether you meant the files on ""Manage Saved Presets" screen.  
Pls refer to image uploaded

Deleting the entries there can't delete the file created by me previously and saved on /home/satimis/.config/GIMP/2.10/levels/

Besides how can I adjust "Input Levels" and "Output Levels"?  The small triangle icons below the slides disappear.

Thanks    

Regards
(07-16-2022, 03:56 PM)Stephen Liu Wrote: Thanks for your advice.

Whether you meant the files on ""Manage Saved Presets" screen.  
Pls refer to image uploaded

Deleting the entries there can't delete the file created by me previously and saved on /home/satimis/.config/GIMP/2.10/levels/

Reread my post.

These are two different things. What you can manage in Gimp are the (auto-)saved presets that are saved in a single file. Stuff that you import/export is not managed by Gimp (but there is little point in using it anyway unless you want to share settings).

(07-16-2022, 03:56 PM)Stephen Liu Wrote: Besides how can I adjust "Input Levels" and "Output Levels"?  The small triangle icons below the slides disappear.

Can you make a screenshot of this?