Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to do batch exporting?
Quote:I am taking the photos in .jpg format and loading them into GIMP.  Once I modify them, I want to export them back to the same .jpg format, I hope that answers your question.

Well that does not read like a batch process, to me that is one at a time.

Open a jpeg, modify it, export and it defaults to a jpeg.

If you have lots of modified files then BIMP the batch plugin can rename and export all the files to jpeg
or
If you have lots of layers there are plugins to export each layer to a separate jpg file.

more information please

Edit: There is another possibility.
You open an image, modify it, do nothing to export it
Open another image, modify it, do nothing to export it
...until you have many open un-exported image.
Then you want to export all at once.

there is an old script that will (save) export all open images.

Edit Again: Another day and I pulled that old script out of my archive. sg-save-all-open.scm attached. Unzip put it in your User profile scripts folder. Registers bottom of the file menu.
Beware and be very careful. It will immediately export all the open images overwriting the originals.  Make sure you have backups of the images before editing.

Attached Files
.zip   sg-save-all-open.zip (Size: 740 bytes / Downloads: 58)
(04-22-2023, 07:47 PM)firefly Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 07:34 PM)rich2005 Wrote: I have just been looking at your earlier posts again. Not sure what you eventually used Wink

What exactly do you now have ? Is it a Gimp file with many layers ? or something else.

I am taking the photos in .jpg format and loading them into GIMP.  Once I modify them, I want to export them back to the same .jpg format, I hope that answers your question.

This doesn't help. If you need to export your photo, then the export to JPG is part of the actions you do on each image after you have changed the saturation, not a new run in batch....
(04-22-2023, 07:47 PM)firefly Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 07:34 PM)rich2005 Wrote: I have just been looking at your earlier posts again. Not sure what you eventually used Wink

What exactly do you now have ? Is it a Gimp file with many layers ? or something else.

I am taking the photos in .jpg format and loading them into GIMP.  Once I modify them, I want to export them back to the same .jpg format, I hope that answers your question.
Hi Rich, did that answer your question, thanks for your help!