Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to export pixel data to excel?
If you use a selection tool to select a perimeter of an object, is there a way to output the pixel locations (x and y) to excel?
If you convert the selection to a path (or if you just create the path around the object), I have a script to export the path (its "anchor" points, in particular) to a CSV file: see here.

The "Histogram" dialog (and the gimp_histogram() function for scripts) can tell you several things about the selection (count of pixels (all or within specified range), etc...).
However, paths are splines, made up of a finite set of nodes with 2 control points each.

When you export a path, you get an ASCII .XML file, which you can read.

I tried to write a plug-in to identify which pixels were lying under a path and quickly discovered it ain't trivial to figure out how to "proceed along the path from the initial node."
(02-02-2018, 02:28 AM)gramp Wrote: However, paths are splines, made up of a finite set of nodes with 2 control points each.

When you export a path, you get an ASCII .XML file, which you can read.

I tried to write a plug-in to identify which pixels were lying under a path and quickly discovered it ain't trivial to figure out how to "proceed along the path from the initial node."

Uh? Not trivial, but not that difficult.