Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display Size vs Pixel Size Problems
I have recently moved to a Surface Pro. with it's fairly high res screen BUT the icons are not really legible or usable I can adjust some in settings BUT the Tool options dialog do not change.  Windows does provide a scaling factor in its settings, which helps some programs (many of which automatically scale their icons, menus, etc) but GIMP seems to ignore it.
Can anyone help?

TIA
Edit>Preferences>Interface>Theme
Edit>Preferences>Interface>Icon Theme
Icon size can be adjusted here
(01-10-2019, 06:24 PM)Blighty Wrote: Edit>Preferences>Interface>Theme
Edit>Preferences>Interface>Icon Theme
Icon size can be adjusted here
I had tried this, and the Toolbox icon size is fine, but the tool option icons, even when set to 'Huge' are not really usable.
Would the earlier versions be the same do you think?
Surface Pro? Does this have a high definition display - edit: quick search maybe 2736x1824

Nothing you can do to fix the icon size. From previous questions, best reduce the display setting to HD (1920x1080) if possible.
(01-11-2019, 12:23 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Surface Pro? Does this have a  high definition display - edit: quick search maybe 2736x1824

Nothing you can do to fix the icon size. From previous questions, best reduce the display setting to HD (1920x1080) if possible.

yes - it does have a high def display.  I had not thought of changing the screen resolution - so will try that. Thanks