Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to mirror and align text
So here is the problem, I have text right, but, I want it to have a equal distance from each other. So I have my first text, I have tried creating a copy and flipping it, that didn't work with text, with images its fine because with images they the same area as of the entire image, but text is different, because with text they only have the area of themselves, even then, I cant flip the text because then I cant edit the text afterwords. That's the best I could explain my problem, sorry if its confusing.

TL;DR I want to have a equal distance between my text.
(11-15-2018, 02:17 AM)Aertew Wrote: I cant flip the text because then I cant edit the text afterwords.

That is the way text works in Gimp. If you do anything to it, it is converted from text to bitmap.

I am not sure what the final result is that you are trying to achieve, but try this:

1) Duplicate your text layer (so that you can preserve the original text layer)

2) On the duplicate layer, do Layer > Layer to image size(layer becomes a bitmap)

3) Duplicate the bitmap layer and now flip this new layer.
(11-15-2018, 02:17 AM)Aertew Wrote: with images its fine because with images they the same area as of the entire image, but text is different, because with text they only have the area of themselves

Not really... Image layers can also be smaller than the canvas.

Otherwise it's not to clear what you mean by "equal distance between my text". If you want to line up things you can use guides to help you position things accurately