Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to put several gif image into one single gif
I have several gif images that I want to combine them into one single image while
the 'product' is still a gif. The dimensions of the different single gif files are similar.
How can I do this??
You have to merge each frame of one GIF into the corresponding frame of the other. There are scripts for this, such as my own ofn-interleave-layers. See the HTML doc in the ZIP for some useful hints.
(11-20-2019, 08:14 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: You have to merge each frame of one GIF into the corresponding frame of the other. There are scripts for this, such as my own ofn-interleave-layers. See the HTML doc in the ZIP for some useful hints.

Hello. I am not going to cover one gif image over the other. 
I mean, I'd like to put the gif image into 4 or 9 or 16... like this
for example, not one over the other, just putting all gif images into one single gif.
It's very easy if it's static image, but now gif....

Attached Files Image(s)

Ah that's different, I thought you were merging animations...

For this kind of thing;

Manually:
  • open the first file
  • Image>Canvas size and enlarge the canvas to fit the other images (you can specify the size as a formula: 40*4 so you don't have to compute it yourself
  • File>Open as layers and load the rest, then move each layer to position (possibly using guides to make things easier).
With a script:
  • Assumes your images are named in the same order as they appear in the final image, by row or column
  • Install ofn-tiles that you get here.
  • File>Open tiles... and give the directory where your files are
  • See HTML file in ZIP for additional hints
However:
  • Each GIF has its own "colormap" limited to 256 colors.
  • If the images have more that 256 colors between them some colors will go and this will degrade quality
  • In the manual process, the first image loaded set the colormap for everything else, so intense color loss can happen in the following images.
Hi I've tried your first manual method, but it does not work.

The output gif is distorted while at the same time, it is a static image, not an animated gif.

You can imagine that I am only intending to put, for example, four of the identical gif images

into a bigger single gif.....
@kenny1999

I think something like this, Did this yesterday but then deleted after Ofnuts post. Looks like it might be what you need after all.  I wish I had known that all required was 4 identical into one. Try and follow the procedure open the same gif twice and put into different places, then open the result from that and repeat the process.

----- from yesterday-----

If you can merge 2 animations then you can merge another pair to give 4 in an animation ...and again to give 8 and so on.

I am not going over 4 animations as a demo, life is too short but the main points are:

Keep everything in RGB mode. Your grid for example, while a png, is indexed. use File -> Mode -> RGB

If you make your own animations, not too difficult. Everything should be same size / number of layers / RGB Save all your working images as gimp .xcf Leave gif until the whole thing is complete.
If you use a downloaded animation. You will need to change indexed to RGB, un-optimise if required, scale to size if required. Adjust the number of layers.

Using Ofnuts plugin ofn-interleave-layers from http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-too...s/scripts/ about 5 down the list.
If you have an old version get the update.

The usual for Windows, unzip, put the file ofn-interleave-layers.py in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

This a quick 3 min 45 sec demo of the above gibberish. https://youtu.be/aOevlpVTw5s

http://