Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to save a text layer
Hi! I am new to gimp and just started using it so I could add a website to the bottom right of my photos. I was able to figure this out but I couldn't seem to find a way to save just the text layer. I wanted to open the layer up on the photos from a file and just save rather than remake the text box and have to resize, font and color every time. Is this possible? Thanks in advance!
Yes, delete the other other layers and save your image as XCF. If you are afraid to save over an existing image, use Image>Duplicate so that you get a copy which isn't associated to any existing image file.

To add to another image use File>Opens as layer. This put the layer in the center of the image and you have to reposition it. If all you images have the same size and you always want the text at the same place, you can use Layer>Layer to image size before saving the layer image. But this makes your text layer a plain bitmap layer, you won't be able to further edit the text.
(04-26-2018, 03:23 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Yes, delete the other other layers and save your image as XCF. If you are afraid to save over an existing image, use Image>Duplicate so that you get a  copy which isn't associated to any existing image file.

To add to another image use File>Opens as layer. This put the layer in the center of the image and you have to reposition it. If all you images have the same size and you always want the text at the same place, you can use Layer>Layer to image size before saving the layer image. But this makes your text layer a plain bitmap layer, you won't be able to further edit the text.

works perfect, thank you so much!