Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Html doesn't display images on tablets and cell phones.
Question 
By opening the .html that comes in the DOC folder that comes with most of the Ofnuts plugins, I can view its content properly.

But when doing the same using a tablet or mobile phone, only the text is loaded, the images only display an icon where an image should be.

As a solution, I had to download Carmem's e-book on my cell phone and thus have proper access to the html content.

Is there any change I can make to the html code so that the images are displayed on these other devices as well?  Huh

Thx!
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
Just a suggestion, In Win 10, from your browser, print to a PDF.

Should be universal and open in anything with a PDF reader. Many browsers will also open a PDF,

I did this for someone recently, for a phone.

Worth a try.
rich2005,

My initial thought was actually to convert the page in .html to .pdf, but for some reason (I'm not sure now what it was) I didn't choose that option.

I would not imagine that when opening the file I would have this type of problem (images not loading on the page).

After some insistence, and for not having been successful, I opted for Carmem's ebook: A Guide to Ofnuts Paths.epub

That is, the problem was circumvented, being in .pdf or .epub.

The thing is, I was curious why this kind of problem had occurred and how I could change the html to work around this limitation found on tablets and cell phones.

In any case, thanks for the suggestion!
(01-26-2023, 05:33 PM)Krikor Wrote: By opening the .html that comes in the DOC folder that comes with most of the Ofnuts plugins, I can view its content properly.

But when doing the same using a tablet or mobile phone, only the text is loaded, the images only display an icon where an image should be.

As a solution, I had to download Carmem's e-book on my cell phone and thus have proper access to the html content.

Is there any change I can make to the html code so that the images are displayed on these other devices as well?  Huh

Thx!

Tried on my phone with several different browsers. It seems they are "sandboxed", and when you start them on a HTML file the file is copied to the sandbox (but not any of the files it references).

Two things to try: replace the relative links by absolute links, or embed the images as data in the HTML.
Thumbs Up 
I liked the site, I will possibly revisit it again soon, lots of information there, thanks for the link. 

I spent some time reading and learning how to embed the image on the page.

However, after converting the image to .txt format I gave up on lining up all 1156 lines into a single line. (In total there are 1158, but the two extreme lines are discarded).  Blush

Manually I was deleting the end of the line, causing the posterior line to go up. But after some time in this repetitiveness I gave up. 

I don't know if there's a way to align all the lines in a single one automatically.
I opened the .txt with notepad, wordpad and notepad++, but I couldn't automatically align it with any of these three editors.

If only it was just one image... but there are about 44 images in the tutorial!!  Sick

Thank you for clarifying how the problem could have been circumvented.

It worked out!  Big Grin
I found out how to align all the lines into one automatically.
I tested it with the first image and it worked!!
Thanks!

.html   ofn-path-to-shape.html (Size: 94.62 KB / Downloads: 113)
Will think about writing a script to inline images if I don't find an existing solution.
Only just noticed this today and with the precursor - Insecure link - http://www.gimp-forum.net/portal.php. Only happened in the portal though. Forums look to be ok

Smile