Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue-Saturiation tool missing and closing file with X problem
so i just switched from 2.8 to 2.10 from https://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_p...p_portable

1st thing
i miss hue-saturation tool from toolbox (edit > preferences > toolbox) if any 1 know folder location of tools i believe i could just copy and paste it from older version
since that exact same thing worked with theme and language folder
or maybe its gone forever?

2nd thing
on 2.8 pressing X (the one in upper right corner of whole window) while i had any image open (or multiple images) did just close last active image and then when all images are closed X was well closing gimp itself
but now X brings window that warns me there are images with unsaved changes and do i want to discard them
then just closes if i chose to discard
my question here is is there a way/option to revert it back to as it was in 2.8 like i described above?
Hue-Saturation is still available as Colors>Hue saturation. Importing the old one from 2.8 unlikely: 1) I don't think it's a separate plugin, 2) that won't add it back as toolbox icon, and 3) in Gimp 2.10 it is likely quite different (has to work with 32-bit values) .

For closing, the behavior you describe is not in standard 2.8, you have likely added something to 2.8 to achieve this. The "unsaved changes" dialog did appear with 2.8 and many people installed scripts to circumvent it. You can quit Gimp very quickly using Ctrl-Q+Ctrl-D (clsoe and discard everything), no need for additional scripts... Of course you are likely to join the club of people who post here asking for a way to recover layers in an image they quit a bit hastily.
(12-07-2019, 12:22 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: For closing, the behavior you describe is not in standard 2.8, you have likely added something to 2.8 to achieve this. The "unsaved changes" dialog did appear with 2.8 and many people installed scripts to circumvent it. You can quit Gimp very quickly using Ctrl-Q+Ctrl-D (clsoe and discard everything), no need for additional scripts... Of course you are likely to join the club of people who post here asking for a way to recover layers in an image they quit a bit hastily.

thx for hue-saturation explanation

as for closing i do not want it to close quickly
and i believe i described it poorly, so here we go again
i dont mind dialog window warning me that there are images with unsaved changes
in 2.8 lets say i have 2 images (or maybe its called file) open, with some changes made, now i click X in upper right corner and window warning me there are some unsaved changes
lets go step by step
1 - i hit discard changes and only last active image/file will be closed
2 - now i need to hit X (in upper right corner) to do get exact same thing with 2nd image/file
3 - now there are no open images/files and hitting X now just closes gimp
and this is how i want it to work described in that 3 steps above (if all images/files have saved changes X in upper right just close them until none left and then it closes gimp)

in 2.10
again same situation 2 images/files are open with some changes made which are unsaved
1 - i hit X (in upper right corner) and window pups up warning me there are some unsaved changes in images/files (which are listed in that window)
2 - i hit discard and not enough it apply to both images/files (while i believe it should apply only to 1 image/file and then ask me again for next one) it straight up closes gimp
and this is how i dont want it to work

so is there any option to revert it back to how it worked at 2.8? i did search there but didnt find any
(12-07-2019, 12:53 AM)ZeroX4 Wrote: 1 - i hit discard changes and only last active image/file will be closed
2 - now i need to hit X (in upper right corner) to do get exact same thing with 2nd image/file
3 - now there are no open images/files and hitting X now just closes gimp

I just tested with my 2.8, and in single-window mode, if you close the window, it closes all the images once you have clicked on "Discard".
For the top-right-corner X you would need to be in multi-window mode (actually closing individual image windows)

But there is bottom of the File menu 'Close View' CTRL-W which does what it says.