Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Can't Get A Logo Right - How Can I Make Edges Smooth?
Hi, I don't have much experience trying to illustrate in GIMP. I'm trying to make a simple logo for my mom's small painting business. I attached a photo to show the issue I'm having - on the very left is an image I saw on Google - they made paint streaks look like the letter 'T', I'm trying to do the same thing with the letter, "J". My "corners" aren't turning out as rounded as I'd like, you can see the angles in the turns.

HOW I ATTEMPTED TO DO IT:
If you look to the right, those are 3 different attempts - I tried to do it by creating different transparent layers, taking the rectangle select tool and then rounding the edges, making 8 layers and filling the alternating layers with white/black and growing the layers by 6 pixels each time. Am is my resolution too low and I should just be working bigger? 6 pixels doesn't seem like a lot, so maybe I'm working too small - but maybe there's a better way to do it overall. Thank you Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Does this help you ?

(06-02-2020, 02:05 AM)meetdilip Wrote: Does this help you ?

Yes, it looks nice but how did you do it?

(06-02-2020, 02:05 AM)meetdilip Wrote: Does this help you ?

I ended up taking the reference and chopping it up and putting it back together into a complete circle/rectangle thing and then cutting it into a J and duplicating parts and cutting others to make some sections longer/shorter and then added a free paintbrush.png I found online. This is what I ended up with

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It looks nice. Happy to know you got your solution Smile