Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Really Don't Know What To Do Here
Hello Smile

I used to be able to use GIMP to paste transparent images onto existing backgrounds. All I had to do was right-click and 'Copy Image' then 'Paste Into Place' on the existing background image. Recently, it has not been working at all. All I get after pasting the transparent image is a black background as shown in the screenshot below. I have GIMP 2.10.8. I use Chrome and Windows 10. Would using an older version of GIMP solve my issue?

Thank you 

[Image: FQSa8yU.png]
Stick with Gimp 2.10.8

Are you copying straight from the internet browser before pasting into Gimp?

Can you post the two images that you are using, background and globe.
Does that planet have a transparent background? I don't think so. For example, if it was saved as a jpg at some stage the transparent background would have been removed. Open that little planet in Gimp and check.

I have found, on one forum only, that copying an image with a transparent background changes the transparency to black. Workaround: Don't copy. Save the image to disk, then open that with Gimp. Transparency is retained.

In the Layers Dialogue you still have a Floating Selection. Right click on that and select "To New Layer"

Using an older version of Gimp won't solve anything. 2.10.8 is good.
I tried opening the background image then I opened the transparent image separately, copied it and when I went to paste it on the existing background, it worked. I want to thank you for taking the time to help me. If it's any help for future questions, below is a screenshot of what I used for the transparent image of earth.

[Image: kApyTz9.png]