Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can no longer post
Hi, all,
I tried to post a new thread, but I can't attach any more images. For what ? Should I delete images that have already been published Rolleyes ?
(06-10-2024, 09:55 AM)MJ Barmish Wrote: Hi, all,
I tried to post a new thread, but I can't attach any more images. For what ? Should I delete images that have already been published Rolleyes ?

What is the message?
I wanted to create a new thread, but I couldn't include images, perhaps because of the number of attachments already used (?) in my previous threads. I tried twice, with the same result ; every time, when I want to add attachment I get the message : "Bad request  Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand"....
(06-10-2024, 04:19 PM)MJ Barmish Wrote: I wanted to create a new thread, but I couldn't include images, perhaps because of the number of attachments already used (?) in my previous threads. I tried twice, with the same result ; every time, when I want to add attachment I get the message : "Bad request  Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand"....

"Bad request  Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand" is not telling you that you are forbidden to post images. Check you image sizes. You are not allowed to upload images bigger than 500K and to avoid DDOS attacks, there is a protection that truncates requests that are bigger than the allowed limits (and makes them look erroneous).
Thanks for your reply.
But when I succeed in attaching an (single) image 400px X 240px (108K), then if I want to either preview the post or save the draft I get the message "Request Entity Too Large. The requested resource does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit." I didn't have this problem for my previous posts. I wil try again tomorrow.
Thank you
Two kind of errors from you address (hours in UTC/GMT)

error.log:[Mon Jun 10 20:40:12.437504 2024] [:error] [pid 28622] [client 176.149.***.***] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 400 (phase 2). Match of "eq 0" against "MULTIPART_STRICT_ERROR" required. [file "/etc/modsecurity/modsecurity.conf"] [line "84"] [id "200003"] [msg "Multipart request body failed strict validation: PE 0, BQ 0, BW 0, DB 0, DA 0, HF 0, LF 0, SM 0, IQ 1, IP 0, IH 0, FL 0"] [hostname "www.gimp-forum.net"] [uri "/newthread.php"] [unique_id "ZmdkrH8AAQEAAG-O-10AAAAD"]

and later:

error.log:[Mon Jun 10 21:17:47.680886 2024] [:error] [pid 29565] [client 176.149.***.***] ModSecurity: Request body (Content-Length) is larger than the configured limit (2200000). [hostname "www.gimp-forum.net"] [uri "/newthread.php"] [unique_id "Zmdte38AAQEAAHN9PqwAAAAK"]

Our protections truncate requests, they don't generate oversize ones. I see that you run a very recent Firefox (126), so it coud be a bug in that version. Did you try with another browser or an older version?
Thank you very much Smile . I tried with Chrome, it works. But in fact the problem came from an single image : the initial photo which crashes the whole thing; yet it looks like the other jpg 400 x 247 108K ; as it is not essential I published without it.
I have the same problem again with both Firefox and Chrome. I've been trying to post for three weeks, to no avail, with the same error "Bad request. Your browser...". I don't understand.
(07-12-2024, 07:46 AM)MJ Barmish Wrote: I have the same problem again with both Firefox and Chrome. I've been trying to post for three weeks, to no avail, with the same error "Bad request. Your browser...". I don't understand.

So how did you post this? Or is is just the attachments?

Edit: OK, I think I found it. The error message on the host complains about some "Bad quoting" and your filename contains an apostrophe (so, a "single quote" in American typography). Trying to upload and image with an apostrophe in the file name (PasD'Image.png) elicits the very same error message in the logs.

So: don't use single quotes in file names (and probably no double quotes either).
(07-12-2024, 08:01 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(07-12-2024, 07:46 AM)MJ Barmish Wrote: I have the same problem again with both Firefox and Chrome. I've been trying to post for three weeks, to no avail, with the same error "Bad request. Your browser...". I don't understand.

So how did you post this? Or is is just the attachments?

Edit: OK, I think I found it. The error message on the host complains about some "Bad quoting" and your filename contains an apostrophe (so, a "single quote" in American typography). Trying to upload and image with an apostrophe in the file name (PasD'Image.png) elicits the very same error message in the logs.

So: don't use single quotes in file names (and probably no double quotes either).

Of course it is just the attachment ; as soon as I want to do add attachment, I get the error Bad request... I don't use any quotes in titles or file names. I wanted to post a photo titled : An Image in its original photo