Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't remove the background of my images anymore
Hi guys I hope someone can help me with what is happening. Suddenly I found myself not being able to create image with invisible background anymore, usually what I do is to select what I want to keep with the free selector, then invert the selection and press either clear, copy or crop, that used to do the trick for me, didn't need to do any more than that to create a invisible background, but suddenly this is not working anymore for me, whenever I repeat the process the background just turns white and I thought I just had to add an alpha channel and would be problem solved, but it wasn't, while the image is being edited on gimp, the quadricular pattern do appear to show the invisible background, but when I exported the image the background is still white, I tried to use the eraser but still woudln't work, I tried to add another layer with an alhpa channel too the result was the same and now simply don't know what to do.
Like I literally did the same process earlier in the same day and was succesful so wtf, I didn't changed any configuration of the program, did that happened to anybody besides me? And again, while on gimp the quaricular pattern form the alpha channel do appear, but when I export the image, the background is white.
Layer - Transparency - Add alpha-channel
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
unfortunately same thing happened
(03-05-2023, 01:22 AM)andrei Wrote: but when I exported the image the background is still white, I

Make sure that you export the image to a file format that supports transparency (typically, PNG). In particular, transparency is not supported in JPG.
Dude that was it, I had no idea this was a thing, thanks a lot I was really struggling yesterday.