Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm extraordinaire!
Tongue 
I'm gonna poke the Admins  Big Grin Big Grin

Should not be "Gimper Extraordinaire"?
I see / Junior Gimper/ Obsessive Gimper/ Seasoned Gimper / -> each word starting upper case like the others?  Big Grin

Becoming "extraordinaire" and not getting 1 more star... Members are stuck at 5 stars?   Huh

I was right to be scared > https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-SPAM-G...1#pid30061 now thew word "Gimper" is first in the title.  Big Grin
Patrice
Not naming any names ...but... There could equally be a Pest category
(09-02-2023, 04:13 AM)PixLab Wrote: I'm gonna poke the Admins  Big Grin  Big Grin

Should not be "Gimper Extraordinaire"?
I see / Junior Gimper/ Obsessive Gimper/ Seasoned Gimper / -> each word starting upper case like the others?  Big Grin

Becoming "extraordinaire" and not getting 1 more star... Members are stuck at 5 stars?   Huh

I was right to be scared > https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-SPAM-G...1#pid30061 now thew word "Gimper" is first in the title.  Big Grin

No. In "Junior Gimper", "Junior" starts with an uppercase because it is the first word, and "Gimper" starts with an uppercase because Gimp does (technically it should be "GIMPer" but it's a bit less readable). So in "Gimper extraordinaire" there is nothing that mandates an uppercase "E". Now, if you want to be an "Ordinary Gimper"...
(09-02-2023, 07:14 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Not naming any names ...but... There could equally be a Pest category

You could have put "names" in singular, I know this guy, he is a real pest  Big Grin [Image: rofl2.gif]
Patrice
(09-02-2023, 07:44 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: No. In "Junior Gimper", "Junior" starts with an uppercase because it is the first word, and "Gimper" starts with an uppercase because Gimp does (technically it should be "GIMPer" but it's a bit less readable). So in "Gimper extraordinaire" there is nothing that mandates an uppercase "E". Now, if you want to be an "Ordinary Gimper"...

It's was not about grammar, just an aesthetic point of view, like on ex-GL or GC  Wink

Or... Big Grin
[Image: logo.png]
Patrice