Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help on creating a avatar.
I have custom images created, and I wanted to know how to create a straight line across. I would also like to know how to put one image on the bottom line and another on the top, kinda like a border. If there is a way, I would like to have 2 lines creating a X and having 4 pictures on each side.
Thank you for the help!
Like this ?

Lots of ways.
Easiest is probably with the rectangular selection tool.
Make a selection on a new transparent layer, and fill it with the desired colour.
Dublicate and rotate by 90° for the second.

(11-08-2017, 01:56 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: Like this ?

Lots of ways.
Easiest is probably with the rectangular selection tool.
Make a selection on a new transparent layer, and fill it with the desired colour.
Dublicate and rotate by 90° for the second.

Kinda, but I was looking for more of a intersecting lines with the lines intercepting one point. Like a giant X on the middle, but the lines are not too thick and could insert pictures in each space (Kinda like a square, but not changing the angle of the lines). But it is the correct Idea, Thank you!
Something like this?

[Image: kU2NJ72.jpg]

You have to remember that an Avatar image is very small, typically 100x100 pix.

Your 4 images will need to an appropriate small size, and they might not be suitable. Assuming they are, Make them something like 50x50 pix. With your base 100x100 image open, use File -> Open as layers and sandwitch between the base and the cross (which ever way your cross goes) Move them around to suit.

Any overlaps? Easiest way, just erase any bits not required.
^
I think OP was asking about how to create the lines.

With diagonal lines i would probably use the Brush Tool in combination with snapping to the canvas edges.

Set the linewidth of a 100% Hardness Brush to the desired size (say, 4px).
Make sure 'Snap to canvas edges' is ticked under 'View'.
Create a new transparent layer on top of all.
With the Brush Tool active, click in one of the canvas edges, then hold down Shift and click into the opposite corner to get your line.
Repeat in the remaining corners for the other line.
(11-08-2017, 09:59 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: ^
I think OP was asking about how to create the lines.

With diagonal lines i would probably use the Brush Tool in combination with snapping to the canvas edges.

Set the linewidth of a 100% Hardness Brush to the desired size (say, 4px).
Make sure 'Snap to canvas edges' is ticked under 'View'.
Create a new transparent layer on top of all.
With the Brush Tool active, click in one of the canvas edges, then hold down Shift and click into the opposite corner to get your line.
Repeat in the remaining corners for the other line.

Thank you, very much!
So far my image looks decent and I appreciate all the help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here is the updated one, I wanted to get rid of the side overlapping the other background.
The erasing edit that rich2005 mention is going to take a while and need to be extremely accurate.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-09-2017, 12:21 AM)TeslaStormX Wrote: The erasing edit that rich2005 mention is going to take a while and need to be extremely accurate.

Try making a selection with the Lasso Tool next time.
Just click in the corners of your triangle and connect with starting point.
The "marching ants" should appear, which represent the area you selected.
Then hit delete and the selected part gets erased (make sure your image has an alpha channel, so the deleted part becomes transparent).
Deselect to get rid of the selection.

To get rid of everything outside the selection (on the selected layer), make sure to invert the selection.
(11-09-2017, 12:21 AM)TeslaStormX Wrote: Here is the updated one, I wanted to get rid of the side overlapping the other background.
The erasing edit that rich2005 mention is going to take a while and need to be extremely accurate.

Just a comment on design.

Your updated.jpg avatar image is 1440x1080 pix. So it could be a screenshot. If it is this size then it is way too big for an avatar. The usual size is 64x64 to 128x128. I do not use them but as I understand it if a large image is uploaded as an avatar the forum scales it down anyway.

At 128 pix wide your avatar becomes

When it comes to my suggestion about erasing, I was not assuming a large image I was thinking of something 100x100 -ish. The next thought is how are you assembling this. I hope you are using plenty of layers. Looks like it but without details only guessing.
(11-09-2017, 10:55 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 12:21 AM)TeslaStormX Wrote: Here is the updated one, I wanted to get rid of the side overlapping the other background.

Just a comment on design.

Your updated.jpg avatar image is 1440x1080 pix. So it could be a screenshot. If it is this size then it is way too big for an avatar. The usual size is 64x64 to 128x128. I do not use them but as I understand it if a large image is uploaded as an avatar the forum scales it down anyway.

At 128 pix wide your avatar becomes

When it comes to my suggestion about erasing, I was not assuming a large image I was thinking of something 100x100 -ish. The next thought is how are you assembling this. I hope you are using plenty of layers. Looks like it but without details only guessing.

Yes thank you for pointing that out, I thought I could've resized it, but it loses quality. So now I will create it in 128x128. Thank you very much for all the help.