Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need to reduce a file size attached)
I need to reduce a file size to 100kb - but don't know how.  Attached is the current information for that file:  Please help me with the procedure so I can save the reduced size file as a jpg.  Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Besides the file size requirement (100kb),
do you have spec for image size in pixels (currently 950 x1269)?

There are 2 common methods to reduce file size.

1. Reduce the image size in pixels

2. File > Export (or File > Export As) and adjust the quality setting.
The Export dialogue can give an estimate of file size to guide you. (See attached).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In the JPEG Advanced options, change the "Subsampling" to 4:2:0 (chroma quartered): this is the biggest size reduction with the smallest visual impact. Then reduce quality until your file size is small enough. There is a "Save for web" plugin that gives you the estimated file size while you change the parameters and makes this a bit easier.
(04-22-2018, 07:22 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: In the JPEG Advanced options, change the "Subsampling" to 4:2:0 (chroma quartered): this is the biggest size reduction with the smallest visual impact. Then reduce quality until your file size is small enough. There is a "Save for web" plugin that gives you the estimated file size while you change the parameters and makes this a bit easier.
Thank you.  Where can I find the "JPEG Advanced Options?

(04-22-2018, 07:05 PM)Blighty Wrote: Besides the file size requirement (100kb),
do you have spec for image size in pixels (currently 950 x1269)?

There are 2 common methods to reduce file size.

1. Reduce the image size in pixels

2. File > Export (or File > Export As) and adjust the quality setting.
The Export dialogue can give an estimate of file size to guide you. (See attached).
Thank you.  How do I find the screen you show in your post?
(04-22-2018, 08:11 PM)Nisko Wrote: Thank you.  Where can I find the "JPEG Advanced Options?

In the dialog you get when you export as JPEG: Just click on that to unfold the options.