Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing character’s lower torso taller?
Thumbs Up 
(08-18-2023, 05:37 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Well...

Quote:What I did in both cases was to place the unzipped folder in my plugins folder.

It might be using the samj Gimp portable, but in any case do not use the the files in their own folder, just put the individual files directly into the plugins folder.

(using my netbook at the moment, I will have a go with samj when back to regular laptop)

(08-18-2023, 05:51 PM)PixLab Wrote: the folder should have the very same name than the plugin, in this case gimp-lqr-plugin without the extension .exe (at least it's like that for python plugin)

This is interesting! Haven't tried that (yet).
The folder ended up with the name given in the process of unzipping the downloaded file.

But following rich2005's guidance and throwing everything in the plugin folder it worked!

(08-18-2023, 06:08 PM)rich2005 Wrote: @Krikor

For simplicity, use the 64 bit version which is only two files.  For a samj portable, pop  them into Preferences -> plug-ins

This using a samj 2.10.32

(back to computer scrabble on the old netbook)

I confess that I feel uncomfortable spreading several files referring to the same plugin under the same folder.

Having everything inside the same folder seems to be the best way to organize the whole thing.

So, I didn't even imagine that this could be enough to compromise the functionality of an application installed in the plugins folder.

After reading the recent comments, I transferred the files from the unzipped folder directly to the plugins folder and voilà, this time the plugin deigned to appear in the Layer menu as expected.

rich2005 and PixLab, thank you very much! This plugin is really very useful!  Big Grin
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.