Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image rotation - newbie question
(06-16-2023, 07:38 AM)pexaj Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 10:33 AM)tonmilx Wrote: I am new to GIMP but have worked out how to do most of what I need to do. Using v2.10 on OSX (Mavericks).

Using Tools/Transform/Rotate.

The menu appears and I can rotate by degrees by dragging the slider or using the Angle.
But everything I have seen on other posts suggests I should see the actual image itself rotate.

What I actually see is an outline of the image rotate is there any Free online video rotating tool- but it doesn't show me the picture rotating within it. i.e.., its difficult to see how much rotation I want when I can't see the image itself rotating.

When I press the ROTATE button, the orientation remains as it was but the image has rotated within it (hope this makes sense)

I am stupid I know - but it can't be that hard to rotate an image by degrees and see the results of the rotation on the image before I accept it...

I found this video: https://youtu.be/_-kkXAiKmKo

Its windows I know, but I don't see that behaviour.

If I use Image/Transform/Rotate then I only get the 90 degree presets

Please help a newbie...
Hello. When I import a photo and it needs to be rotated 90 degrees how do I do it without going through the very cumbersome menu rotation which is in 15-degree increments? Can't believe there is not a one-step 90-degree rotation possible.

The post you replied to says that Image ➤ Transform ➤ Rotate is limited to the 90 degree presets, which is what you want.