Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Images broken into pieces
Hello Everyone,

I am Rajesh from India. I am a beginner in the field of image editing. I was searching the internet for cool GIMP effects and I came across this one (image attached).

Can anybody please tell me how this effect (image attached) is achieved. It will be of a great help if a link to the detailed tutorial on this one is given.

Please help.

Thanking you all in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Rajesh,
I commented on your post you made on pixels.us. Here is how this is done it with Roller (3.20). Developing Roller is a hobby of mine.

1. A Table model is used to place the images. The cell table has 5 rows and 5 columns. It might not be a Table model, but a Stack model because the offsets appear to be progressive.
2. A single image is 'sliced' into 5 rows and 5 columns.
3. The sliced offsets are a produced by modifying the Shift settings for the image.
4. The shadows are a drop shadow, which Roller can apply under a Tri-Shadow image-effect.
5. The light effect over the sliced images and background can be done by configuring the Gradient Light settings.

download Roller here

Cheers,
Charles
1) Open image and add guides as required.

2) Use the plug-in ofn-guillotine-layer.py to guillotine the image into individual layers.
Layers > Guillotine

3) Use the plug-in jiggle-visible-layers.py to jiggle the layers.
Python-Fu > Jiggle Visible Layers

4) Create drop shadows as required
Filters > Light and Shadow > Drop Shadow
or Drop Shadow (legacy)

Attached Files
.zip   ofn-guillotine-layer.zip (Size: 2.24 KB / Downloads: 52)
.zip   jiggle-visible-layers.zip (Size: 1.7 KB / Downloads: 59)
Not really the same but this is what I tried with a black and white photo :
G'Mic-Qt / Arrays&Tiles / Tiled Rotation
G'Mic-Qt / Deformations / Distort Lens
Add a blurred B&W layer as background

(or G'Mic-QT / Deformations / Quadrangle)
(06-09-2022, 06:51 PM)denzjos Wrote: Not really the same but this is what I tried with a black and white photo :
G'Mic-Qt / Arrays&Tiles / Tiled Rotation
G'Mic-Qt / Deformations / Distort Lens
Add a blurred B&W layer as background

(or G'Mic-QT / Deformations / Quadrangle)

Indeed Filters ➤ G'Mic-Qt ➤ Arrays&Tiles ➤ Tiled Rotation is, IMHO, the easiest and straight forward way to do it (huge fan of G'MIC here  Big Grin )
I did a different play just after the G'MIC's tiled rotation, just to give one more option  Filters ➤ Distorts ➤ Lens distortions
BTW @denzjos, I got a lot of fun with the G'MIC's distort lens (I did forget this filter) and its ability to move the white dot, thanks @denzjos big thumb up [Image: thumbsup.png]